The statement comes despite the AFC having declared support for Saudi Arabia.
SYDNEY: Football Australia chief executive James Johnson said on Thursday they are still exploring a bid to host the 2034 World Cup, despite the Asian Football Confederation having declared support for Saudi Arabia.
The Saudi Arabian Football Federation announced its bid minutes later, with AFC president Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa then welcoming the announcement, saying “the entire Asian football family will stand united in support of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s momentous initiative”. “As stated previously, Football Australia is exploring the possibility of bidding for the 2029 Fifa Club World Cup and/or the Fifa World Cup 2034,” he said in a statement.
Abbiamo riassunto questa notizia in modo che tu possa leggerla velocemente. Se sei interessato alla notizia puoi leggere il testo completo qui. Leggi di più: