NEW YORK, Oct 4 — A New Jersey appeals court yesterday threw out a US$223.8 million (RM1.05 billion) verdict against Johnson & Johnson (J&J) that a jury had awarded to four...
In defence statement, Kedah MB says was focusing on public welfare rather than labelling Vincent Tan and Berjaya Land 'corrupt'
The Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division found that a lower court judge should not have allowed some of the scientific expert testimony the plaintiffs presented to jurors at trial. In their opinion, the judges found that three experts had not explained the facts or methods they used to support their opinions that the plaintiffs got cancer from being exposed to asbestos in talc products.
J&J faces more than 38,000 lawsuits alleging that its talc products, including Johnson’s baby powder, can contain asbestos, and caused cancers including ovarian cancer and mesothelioma, a type of cancer linked to asbestos exposure. The company’s latest win comes after it failed for a second time in July to move tens of thousands of claims over talc into bankruptcy court, where it hoped to resolve them through a proposed US$8.9 billion settlement. It is appealing that ruling.
Italia Ultime Notizie, Italia Notizie
Similar News:Puoi anche leggere notizie simili a questa che abbiamo raccolto da altre fonti di notizie.
Tommy Thomas' memoir rouses public alarm, court hearsKUALA LUMPUR: The High Court was told that the content of former attorney-general Tan Sri Tommy Thomas’ memoir titled 'My Story: Justice In the Wilderness' had roused public alarm.
Leggi di più »
Indonesia court rejects petition to review pro-investment lawJAKARTA, Oct 2 — A top court in Indonesia today rejected a petition launched by labour groups to review a controversial pro-investment law passed earlier this year. Workers’...
Leggi di più »
US Supreme Court spurns copyright fight over concert recordingsWASHINGTON, Oct 2 — The US Supreme Court today declined to hear a bid by Sony Music, Warner Music and other music publishers to hold the owner of Wolfgang’s Vault directly...
Leggi di più »
Court strikes out Dr M’s bid in suit against AnwarSHAH ALAM: The High Court here has dismissed an application by Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad to obtain certain documents that purportedly support his RM150mil defamation lawsuit against Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.
Leggi di più »
Penang High Court acquits five in T. Nhaveen’s murder case, citing unreliable witnessGEORGE TOWN, Oct 3 — The Penang High Court today acquitted and discharged five men over the murder of T. Nhaveen in 2017. Justice Radzi Hamid said the prosecution had failed...
Leggi di più »
PAS says won't appeal court's nullification of GE15 win in KemamanKUALA LUMPUR, Oct 3 — PAS said today it has decided to not file an appeal in the Kuala Terengganu Elections Court's decision annulling Che Alias Hamid's win in...
Leggi di più »