Only eight of 44 proposals for constitutional change have been approved since 1901.
Australian prime minister Anthony Albanese’s government has made the inclusion of First Nations culture a feature of its foreign policy.
“We support the momentum by First Nations in seeking to redress the injustices faced by First Nations of Australia, and pray that Australians would find it in their conscience to support this initial step towards a constitutionally enshrined Voice to Parliament,” the Pacific Elders Voice group said in a statement to Reuters.
The referendum requires a national majority of votes as well as a majority of votes in at least four of the six states in order to change the constitution. Since Australian independence in 1901, only eight of 44 proposals for constitutional change have been approved. He added that whatever the outcome, his work would continue to highlight that Australia’s First Nations people had been linked by trade to the Pacific Islands for centuries.
Italia Ultime Notizie, Italia Notizie
Similar News:Puoi anche leggere notizie simili a questa che abbiamo raccolto da altre fonti di notizie.
Pacific island countries to hold second summit next week with BidenWASHINGTON, Sept 18 — Pacific island countries will meet next week with US President Joe Biden for a second summit with his country, the secretary-general of the Pacific Islands...
Leggi di più »
Members of the public invited to be SPM invigilators for the first timeThe education ministry says this is one of the initiatives to reduce the workload of teachers.
Leggi di più »
M'sia recorded RM132.6bil in approved investments for first half of 2023, says Tengku ZafrulKUALA LUMPUR: The Investment, Trade and Industry Ministry (Miti) expects approved investments to record stronger growth in the second half of 2023 (2H2023), on track to hit its annual target, after achieving RM132.6bil worth of approved investments in the first half of 2023 (1H2023).
Leggi di più »
Mendy comes on for Lorient, first match in two years after sex trial acquittalLORIENT, Sept 17 — Benjamin Mendy, acquitted in a sex offences trial in England in July, came on for Lorient on Sunday for his first game in two years. The 29-year-old...
Leggi di più »
Miti: RM132.6b approved investments in first half of 2023KUALA LUMPUR: The Ministry of Investment, Trade and Industry (Miti) expects approved investments to record stronger growth in the second half of 2023 ...
Leggi di più »