Govt fails to void ex-AG's suit over task force probe into memoir

Italia Notizia Notizia

Govt fails to void ex-AG's suit over task force probe into memoir
Italia Ultime Notizie,Italia Notizie
  • 📰 DailyExpress_MY
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 50 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 23%
  • Publisher: 83%

Kuala Lumpur: Sued by former attorney general Tan Sri Tommy Thomas, the federal government today in its bid to quash the suit over a task force that was formed to investigate statements the latter made in his book My Story: Justice in the Wilderness.

Datuk Wan Ahmad Farid Wan Salleh, the High Court judge presiding over the case in Shah Alam, Selangor, said he would be seeking directions from the managing judge of the High Court in Kuala Lumpur for Thomas’s originating summons to be transferred to a different civil court.“In view of my ruling, I am not prepared to strike out this suit, however I am directing that this OS be converted into a civil suit for the matter to be heard and disposed of in a full trial.

SPONSORED CONTENT Daily Express members: Enjoy 1 for 1 signature cocktails and more at Hyatt Centric Kota Kinabalu Kota Kinabalu: DAILY EXPRESS is partnering with Hyatt Centric Kota Kinabalu to offer an exclusive deal for our members. Read more Wan Farid noted that the affidavits filed in connection with Thomas’s application reveal many disputed facts, adding that “a claim of such nature cannot be resolved through affidavit evidence.

On October 8, 2021, then prime minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob set up an eight-member task force as a fact-finding body to undertake an in-depth review and analysis of the entire book on whether statements in Thomas's book were seditious, had exposed government secrets, or revealed any abuse of power or professional negligence on his part.

On October 13 last year, the Ismail Sabri government declassified the task force report, which made several recommendations, including that Thomas be investigated for possible offences.

Abbiamo riassunto questa notizia in modo che tu possa leggerla velocemente. Se sei interessato alla notizia puoi leggere il testo completo qui. Leggi di più:

DailyExpress_MY /  🏆 3. in MY

Italia Ultime Notizie, Italia Notizie

Similar News:Puoi anche leggere notizie simili a questa che abbiamo raccolto da altre fonti di notizie.

Beatrice smashes full marathon course record at 15th edition of KLSCMBeatrice smashes full marathon course record at 15th edition of KLSCMKUALA LUMPUR, Oct 1: The Kuala Lumpur Standard Chartered Marathon 2023 saw its course record for the Full Marathon Women’s Open category smashed by Be...
Leggi di più »

Govt fails to void ex-AG Tommy Thomas’s suit over task force probe into memoirGovt fails to void ex-AG Tommy Thomas’s suit over task force probe into memoirKUALA LUMPUR, Oct 2 — Sued by former attorney general Tan Sri Tommy Thomas, the federal government today in its bid to quash the suit over a task force that was formed to...
Leggi di più »

Kevin Spacey sued by NY massage therapist for alleged sex solicitationKevin Spacey sued by NY massage therapist for alleged sex solicitationThe actor allegedly booked appointments under an alias and insisted on wearing a ski mask during his rubdowns.
Leggi di più »

Court denies govt, task force’s bid to quash Thomas’ suit over memoirCourt denies govt, task force’s bid to quash Thomas’ suit over memoirJustice Wan Ahmad Farid Wan Salleh said he is not ready to strike out the case.
Leggi di più »

Lack of integrity, self-interest believed to be motive of policemen in abduction case, says KL CPOLack of integrity, self-interest believed to be motive of policemen in abduction case, says KL CPOKUALA LUMPUR: Lack of integrity and self-interest are believed to be the motives of five policemen arrested in connection with the alleged abduction of a man from a restaurant in Desa Petaling here, last week, says Kuala Lumpur police chief Comm Datuk Allaudeen Abdul Majid.
Leggi di più »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 15:37:01