Johnny & Associates says it will compensate victims of sexual abuse by its founder.
TOKYO: Japan’s top talent agency Johnny & Associates said today it would split into two entities – one devoted to compensating victims of sexual abuse by its late founder, adding that 325 people so far have sought damages.The agency, which represents only male entertainers, last month admitted that Kitagawa, who died in 2019, had abused hundreds of boys and young men seeking stardom going back to at least the 1970s.
New president Noriyuki Higashiyama said the agency, commonly known as Johnny’s, would change its name to “Smile-Up” and focus exclusively on compensating Kitagawa’s victims before being dissolved.
Italia Ultime Notizie, Italia Notizie
Similar News:Puoi anche leggere notizie simili a questa che abbiamo raccolto da altre fonti di notizie.
Martin declared Japanese GP winner after heavy rain brings out red flagMOTEGI (Japan), Oct 1 — Pramac Racing’s Jorge Martin was declared the winner of the Japanese Grand Prix when it was red-flagged halfway through the race on Sunday due to...
Leggi di più »
Jorge Martin wins rain-suspended Japanese MotoGPFrancesco Bagnaia sees his championship lead cut to three points after finishing second.
Leggi di più »
Japanese Film Festival in Kota Kinabalu from October 12-15Kota Kinabalu: The much-awaited Japanese Film Festival (JFF) returns for its 19th edition this year.
Leggi di più »
Japanese city Nagoya bans walking on escalatorsA Nagoya city ordinance requiring people to stand on escalators rather than walking on them went into effect on Sunday.
Leggi di più »
Hundreds protest in London against Rosebank Oilfield approvalLONDON: Hundreds of demonstrators gathered in London’s Whitehall on Saturday to demand a rethink of the approval for the controversial Rosebank offsho...
Leggi di più »