The comedian and radio presenter thanked Maura Derrane for filling in for him as he recovered from surgery required to remove basal cell carcinoma from his face
RTE presenter Maura Derrane filled in for the comedian on his RTE Radio 1 slot for the last few weeks, and on Monday morning, Oliver returned to the airwaves to explain the reason for his absence.
"Mine is located on the face, which is a precious place when suddenly someone comes at you with a scalpel, just between the edge of my nose and corner of my lips. I couldn't talk properly, or indeed I was told not to laugh out loud for the last two weeks or I'd end up with a nasty, nasty scar. Oliver jokingly added: "I've also started growing a moustache because I can't shave at the scar yet. As a result, I look like an inept sidekick of a provincial detective in a 1980s southern ITV drama. That's the look I'm going for."
Italia Ultime Notizie, Italia Notizie
Similar News:Puoi anche leggere notizie simili a questa che abbiamo raccolto da altre fonti di notizie.
Oliver Callan swaps the laughs for a harrowing tale with a powerful messageRadio review: Comic-turned-presenter shows his serious side during powerful interview with rape survivor Bláthnaid Raleigh
Leggi di più »
Oliver Callan announces skin cancer diagnosisOliver Callan has announced his skin cancer diagnosis after he returned to his radio show on RTÉ Radio One this week.
Leggi di più »
RTE announce plans to cut hundreds of jobs and limit presenter's salariesRTE's Director General Kevin Bakurst said he wants to 'build a strong, modern RTE'.
Leggi di più »
Maura Derrane had a life reset after accident at home left her unable to driveThe Today Show presenter had an accident at home last month before going into RTE Radio 1 to fill in for Oliver Callan on his mid-morning show - and she still can't drive
Leggi di più »
Shane Ó Curraighín appointed RTÉ North West CorrespondentRTÉ has announced journalist Shane Ó Curraighín as its new North West Correspondent.
Leggi di più »
Eileen Magnier's replacement announced as news presenter retires after 39 yearsRTÉ has announced Shane Ó Curraighín will take over the role
Leggi di più »