LONDON (Reuters) - British police said on Wednesday they had opened an investigation into corporate manslaughter at the hospital where nurse Lucy Letby, who murdered seven babies, had worked.
Letby, 33, Britain's most prolific serial child killer of modern times, was convicted in August of killing five baby boys and two baby girls at the Countess of Chester hospital in northern England and attacking six others in 2015 and 2016.Cheshire Police said they had now opened an investigation into the hospital itself.
"The investigation will focus on the indictment period of the charges for Lucy Letby, from June 2015 to June 2016, and consider areas including senior leadership and decision making to determine whether any criminality has taken place," Detective Superintendent Simon Blackwell said. "At this stage we are not investigating any individuals in relation to gross negligence manslaughter."
After Letby's conviction, the government said it would hold an inquiry into the case amid accusations from senior doctors that concerns about the nurse were not heeded by hospital bosses. Last month, prosecutors said they face a re-trial over an accusation she had tried to kill another new born, a charge on which the original jury could not agree a verdict.Subscribe nowChechen leader's son not investigated for beating prisoner as he is under-age - agency
Italia Ultime Notizie, Italia Notizie
Similar News:Puoi anche leggere notizie simili a questa che abbiamo raccolto da altre fonti di notizie.
Murder in beautiful British ColumbiaWHO murdered Canadian Sikh leader Hardeep Singh Nijjar? This crime, which occurred last June near Vancouver in British Columbia, has riveted Canada an...
Leggi di più »
Reports: Billionaire Ratcliffe mulls Man United minority stakeLONDON, Oct 3 ― British billionaire Jim Ratcliffe is considering changing his bid and offering to buy a minority stake in Manchester United, according to reports...
Leggi di più »
Billionaire Ratcliffe mulls Man Utd minority stakeLONDON: British billionaire Jim Ratcliffe is considering changing his bid and offering to buy a minority stake in Manchester United, according to repo...
Leggi di più »
Nokia-brand owner HMD starts making 5G smartphones in EuropeLONDON (Reuters) - HMD Global, the licensee of Nokia-branded smartphones, has become the first major smartphone company to manufacture devices in Europe, with its first 5G model made in Hungary - aimed at customers keen on data security - now available for purchase.
Leggi di più »
Marcos: Philippines looking into ramming incident in South China SeaMANILA (Reuters): The Philippines is investigating a maritime incident to find out what killed three Filipino fishermen in a ramming incident that sank their boat in the South China Sea, its president said on Wednesday (Oct 4).
Leggi di più »