Those removed from their post included Hanna Maliar, a war crimes lawyer.
KYIV: The Ukrainian government decided to dismiss six deputy defence ministers today following the appointment of a new defence minister earlier this month.Those removed from their post included Hanna Maliar, who has frequently issued public updates on Russia’s war against Ukraine.The ministry had been dogged by media allegations of corruption while Reznikov was in the post although he faced no corruption allegations himself.
“Rebooting. We started. We continue. ministry continues to work as usual,” Umerov said in a Facebook post. When he took up his post, Umerov said his priorities would include making the ministry the main institution for the coordination of defence forces, enhancing the value attached to individual soldiers, developing Ukraine’s military industry and fighting corruption.
Maliar, a war crimes lawyer, had served as a deputy defence minister since 2021 and her latest update on the war in Ukraine appeared this morning. She faced criticism last week after initially reporting that Ukrainian forces had recaptured an eastern village from Russian forces, but later saying her report was inaccurate and that fighting was still raging around the village.
Italia Ultime Notizie, Italia Notizie
Similar News:Puoi anche leggere notizie simili a questa che abbiamo raccolto da altre fonti di notizie.
Canada to give US$25mil towards Ukraine’s air defence systemsCanada is home to a large Ukrainian diaspora and a vocal supporter of Kyiv.
Leggi di più »
World Court to hear Russia’s objections to genocide caseMoscow claims that it invaded Ukraine in February 2022 to prevent genocide.
Leggi di più »
In silent protest, Russian volunteers help Ukraine refugeesSAINT PETERSBURG: For a year and a half Galina Artyomenko had been raising funds to help refugees from Ukraine after the Kremlin sent troops to the pr...
Leggi di più »
Ukraine drone damages oil depot in southwestern RussiaThe governor says there were no casualties and all emergency services are working in the area.
Leggi di più »
Prepare for a long war in Ukraine: NATO chiefFRANKFURT: NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg has warned there will be no swift end to the Ukraine war, in an interview published Sunday, as Kyiv pushes on w...
Leggi di più »
Russia denies losing frontline village to Ukrainian forcesUkraine earlier said its troops had ‘liberated’ the site and inflicted losses on the Russians.
Leggi di più »