The deal will remove a major irritant between Washington and Tehran.
As a first step in the deal, Washington waived sanctions to allow the transfer of US$6 billion in Iranian funds from South Korea to Qatar.
Under the carefully choreographed deal, the five Americans with dual nationality are expected to leave Tehran and head to Qatar’s capital Doha, and then from there fly to the US, sources previously told Reuters. South Korea’s foreign ministry said today it was working with all parties on the deal “to ensure smooth progress of all procedures so that it will be resolved once and for all.”The US dual citizens to be released include Siamak Namazi, 51, and Emad Sharqi, 59, both businessmen, and Morad Tahbaz, 67, an environmentalist who also holds British nationality. They were released from prison and put under house arrest last month.
As a first step in the deal, Washington waived sanctions to allow the transfer of US$6 billion in Iranian funds from South Korea to Qatar. The funds had been blocked in South Korea, normally one of Iran’s largest oil customers, because of US sanctions.
Italia Ultime Notizie, Italia Notizie
Similar News:Puoi anche leggere notizie simili a questa che abbiamo raccolto da altre fonti di notizie.
Iran stops family marking Mahsa Amini death anniversary, say rights groupsPARIS, Sept 17 — Iranian authorities yesterday prevented the family of Mahsa Amini from holding a ceremony to commemorate the first anniversary of her death, confining her father...
Leggi di più »
Iran foils murder attempt on Mahsa Amini father, reports state mediaTEHRAN, Sept 17 — Iranian security forces foiled an assassination attempt yesterday on the father of Mahsa Amini, the young woman whose death in custody one year ago sparked...
Leggi di più »
Iran strips IAEA experts of licence to carry out nuclear checksVIENNA: Authorities in Iran have stripped key experts of their accreditation to inspect the country’s nuclear arsenal, the International Atomic Energy...
Leggi di più »
IAEA kecam tindakan Iran sekat pegawai pemantauKetua badan pemerhati nuklear Pertubuhan Bangsa-Bangsa Bersatu (PBB), Rafael Grossi mengutuk tindakan Iran menghalang anggota pemeriksa
Leggi di più »
Biden backs US auto workers, saying profits should be shared ‘fairly’WASHINGTON, Sept 16 — President Joe Biden sided with striking US auto workers today, saying they had not been given a fair cut of record profits at the “Big Three”...
Leggi di più »
Death toll from Libya floods rises to 11,300 in Derna: UNWASHINGTON: The death toll from catastrophic flooding in Libya&039;s eastern city of Derna has climbed to 11,300, the United Nations said in an update on ...
Leggi di più »