Court of Appeal substitutes mandatory death sentence imposed by the Penang High Court following representations by the defence.
T Gayathry and R Saravanan Kumar were convicted and sentenced to death by the High Court in George Town, Penang, on Sept 24, 2020.
A three-member Court of Appeal bench chaired by Justice Vazeer Alam Mydin Meera ordered the jail term of T Gayathry, 39, and R Saravanan Kumar, 33, to begin from the day of their arrest. “They have consented to withdraw the death penalty imposed and instead ask the court to impose a jail term,” said Visvanathan, who was assisted by V Sanjay Nathan.Lawyer N Selvarani, who represented Saravanan, then informed the court she had instructions to withdraw his appeal against conviction and sentence.
However, after questioning by police, she admitted that her son had been beaten up and, in panic, she and Saravanan dumped the body at an oil palm estate in Bukit Mertajam.A post-mortem report revealed Kaviarasan died due to blunt force trauma to the head.
Italia Ultime Notizie, Italia Notizie
Similar News:Puoi anche leggere notizie simili a questa che abbiamo raccolto da altre fonti di notizie.
Court of Appeal judge recuses herself from hearing Najib’s appeal in lawsuit against Tommy ThomasPUTRAJAYA: Court of Appeal judge Datuk Azizah Nawawi has recused herself from hearing Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s appeal to reinstate his RM1.9 million l...
Leggi di più »
Penang High Court Acquits 5 Men In T Nhaveen’s Murder CaseThe judge found that the prosecution failed to prove a prima facie case, citing unreliable witness account and evidence produced.
Leggi di più »
PAS says won't appeal court's nullification of GE15 win in KemamanKUALA LUMPUR, Oct 3 — PAS said today it has decided to not file an appeal in the Kuala Terengganu Elections Court's decision annulling Che Alias Hamid's win in...
Leggi di più »
Court of Appeal judge recuses herself from hearing Najib's appeal to restore lawsuit against ex-AG Tommy ThomasPUTRAJAYA, Oct 4 — A Court of Appeal judge has today recused herself from hearing former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak's appeal to reinstate his lawsuit against...
Leggi di più »
Penang CM defends direct negotiation for land dealThe land which belonged to the Penang Development Corporation was sold to a private company before being transferred to a developer.
Leggi di più »
Tan Yuen Hoon: Missing SPM Student From Kepong Found In PenangOn 25th September, 17-year-old Tan Yuen Hoon ran away from home, leaving a note for her mother, Judy Tan, that read, “I’m sorry, Mum. I am leaving home and
Leggi di più »